Summer Calendar of Festivals and Events 2009
Summer is a great time to come and spend some time with us at Antigua Capilla Bed and Breakfast. There are tons of things to do to keep you entertained. Here’s a calendar of events to help you plan your visit to San Miguel de Allende. The feasts mentioned are all about religious celebration, music and dance, and some last for days.
- June 26 - Anniversary of the death of General Ignacio Allende
- June 28 - Global Extreme Car Show - Car competition and exhibition at El Alamo.
- June 30 to July 4– Festival International de Coro de Niños. After a successful 12-year run in Florence Italy, Children Choirs from the US and Canada will be performing for the first time in Mexico. For more information email email@example.com
- July 11 - Feast of Atotonilco
- July 16 - Feast of the Virgin del Carmen
- July 24 to August 2 – Expresion en Corto - Short Film Festival. The largest of its kind in Mexico. Films will be shown throughout San Miguel de Allende.
- July 30 - Anniversary of the death of Father Hidalgo
- August 5 -16 – 31st annual Chamber Music Festival, Festival de Musica de Camara de San Miguel de Allende - World renowned groups will perform at the Angela Peralta Theater.
- August 8 - Feast of Santo Domingo
- Sept 13 - Commemoration of the death of Child Heroes
- September 15 – Mexican Independence Day. Celebrate Mexican Independence at the Jardin and see the reenactment of the “Cry for Independence” followed by a fireworks display.
- September 16 – Independence Day Parade and National Holiday